Glaubitz lies 2.5 km to the north of the right bank of the Elbe and approx. 8 km distant from Riesa. The site of Glaubitz was mentioned in a document for the first time in 1271, at that time still under the Slavic name of "Glubozk".
As a nature conservation area, the Glaubitz forest is very inviting for walks. Various sports facilities and the beautifully situated woodland pool make varied leisure activities possible. Thanks to a variety of clubs, the spiritual and cultural life in Glaubitz is organized full of variety.
With the development of the industry and commerce area, the establishment of new companies from the branches of steel, chemicals and mechanical engineering began.